Tuesday 1 November 2011

Graffiti - Mindless Vandalism or Street Art?

Hey Guys,
I know its been a while, been a busy boy!

any way, here's something I've been working on over the last few weeks

Cork has always been, in my memory, pretty good for graffiti & street art, recently I decided to pick up my camera and take a look for myself at some of the good and the bad around the banks of the Lee

obviously I couldn't cover all of it, and there is one very noticeable absence being White Street car park, but thats always changing so maybe I'll get around to posting solely about that some day!

this went up around the time that the Libyan conflict started, very fitting! 


spotted these 'open' tags all over the south parish!





art or eyesore?







some Steve Job's tributes on Cobh Street




so what say you? where does the line between art and eyesore lye?

1 comment:

  1. It depends. I feel if it fits in with the background area then it's cool, if it doesn't then it's an eyesore. And if it's on a shopfront or side, it's vandalism!

    ReplyDelete